Aftercare Programme at the Prep
We run a popular Aftercare facility to care for our learners after school hours.
Management and Ethos
Our Aftercare team aims to provide a “home from home” environment of nurturing and safety, where children are encouraged to learn and develop valuable life skills, e.g. socializing, communicating effectively and co-operating with others.
Senior Aftercare Manager: Ms Adele Potgieter (Ms Dee)
Senior Aftercare Assistants: Ms Tracy Gandari & Ms Debbie Odumuko
Junior Aftercare Manager: Ms Phillida Peters
Junior Aftercare Assistants: Ms Queen Manona, Ms Rabecca Kaphuk & Ms Eunice Kanyerere
Aftercare is first and foremost a service for our full-time working parents. Thereafter we are able to accommodate other learners depending on our numbers and the parents’ needs.
Hours and Fees for 2020
|ANNUAL||10 x MONTHLY|
|FULL DAY||R 12 250||R 1 225 (-> 17h30)|
|HALF DAY||R 8 750||R 875 (-> 17h30)|
|3 Day week||R 7 500||R 750 (-> 17h30)|
|Casual day||R 120||Flat rate (-> 17h30) (R60 up to 1hr thereafter daily flat rate applied).|
Casual fees are payable by Snapscan only.
Monthly fees are charged for 10 full months (excluding only January and December).
- Our Grade One and Two learners are with Adele, Tracy and Debbie in our Aftercare classroom and playground from 13h15 until 14h30 or 17h30.
- Reception Grade learners are with Phillida, Queen, Rabebba and Eunice in their own Aftercare room from 12h45 (Grade Reception campus) until 17h30.
- Children who are half day will go home up to 14h30 and full day up to 17h30.
Summary of our Aftercare Rules
- Please send extra lunch and a change of clothing.
- It is essential to have a cap daily, even in the winter months.
- Please notify Aftercare staff of your child’s extra-mural commitments, or any change in plans / person collecting as in a telephone call, a WhatsApp message or in writing.
- Safe play and co-operation is encouraged at all times.
Areas of play
Reception Grade: Aftercare room and playground (Gr R campus) – always within visual range of supervisors.
Grade 1 & 2: Aftercare classroom and playground (Main campus) – always within visual range of supervisors.
Homework and Aftercare
Homework or part of it will be done daily for those Grades One and Two children who remain in Aftercare after 15h45.
- Reception Grade Aftercare uses the Aftercare gate in The Drive, which has remote-control access. It is monitored by the Aftercare staff.
- Gr 1 & 2 Aftercare only use one entrance – the one in Crown Crescent, which has remote-control access. It is monitored by the Aftercare staff.
- Upon collection, all aftercare learners need to be signed out on the daily register.
- We have an ADT security guard who patrols the campuses every day.
We have had to limit the number of learners we can accommodate during this time.
Grade R: 12h30 – 17h00
Grade 1 & 2: 12h45 – 17h00
(Please note the early closing time to allow for daily sanitizing)
Our aftercare fees are a flat rate of R600 per month during Covid. ALL fees are payable in advance – on the FIRST DAY of each MONTH. If payment is not received, in advance you will lose your child’s aftercare space.